Sunday 11 January 2015

Of wines, ales, ciders ... and all foods sinful ...

 I am a Guiness person.
I am a draught person.
If you have similar taste, my task today is to share with you my discovery.
Took me a while to find the drink of my choice when I walk into a pub in Aussie land.
Guiness is not as easy to find here ...
So I set myself on an adventure ...
I tried various kinds of ales, different brands and made sure I tried the full range of each brand.
The James Squire range is pretty good.
But that said, all the rest are really good as well.
If you are a dark beer person, you will not go wrong with anything from Golden Ale upwards.
Something closest to your ultimate Guiness ... will be ...
What's on tap ?
What's dark and creamy ?
Some restaurants and bars are really good.
They give you small testing shots to make sure you order something you like :-)
 As for me, I will stick to something in between pale ale and golden ale with the occasional amber ale.

 Also .. what is a good summer time without all the above ...

 After all the testing over the past months, Chunky Kettle chips is my ultimate favourite.
 
Also managed to learn about Cleanskin wine and had a go on the cider journey.
Cider is not really my drink as it is too sweet.
And if you are going to have a cider compared with a Guiness, I will definitely choose Guiness.
Both contain the same amount of calories !!!
 
But I found a concoction that is worth your try.
Especially on a hot summer weekend.
This is a the drink and it is cheap and good.
Also good really, really well with the Chunky Mediterranean Kettle Chips.
 
1/3rd Cleanskin Rose mixed with 2/3rd Cider of your choice and plenty of ice
 
OR
 
2/3rd Golden or Amber Ale of your choice mixed with 1/3rd  Cider of your choice
 
Make sure served COLD !
 All said ... if you are a pure wine person ...
Try the Lindelmans BIN95 Sauvignon Blanc 2014 is pretty good for summer.
Served very chilled.
When it is on sale you can get it for $6 per bottle, very good deal !


No comments: